Looking for “The best sheepadoodle haircuts” Right!
So, You have jumped to the right place because, in this guide, we will cover all those mandatory questions to learn for a sheepadoodle owner.
We will talk about the best sheepadoodle haircuts, grooming guidelines, Sheepadoodle coats, and Everything you need to know.
So let’s dig into the topic.
Congratulations! For getting the cutest dog breed because they have some fantastic qualities. You will be glad to know some amazing facts about sheepadoodle.
- They are as friendly as they look.
- They don’t shed very much.
- You can try out different hairstyles.
- They can get pretty big in just a short time.
Related: Tips for naming your dog
Understanding Sheepadoodle Coats
Before choosing a haircut for your furry friend, it will be good to have some knowledge about their coats.
- It will help you to understand which hairstyle your dog will rock.
- Coat knowledge will also help you with grooming, and you will be able to choose which brush will work better with that specific hairstyle and coat.
The grooming or Hairstyling of sheepadoodle dogs will never be the same because sheepadoodles have different coats.
Every sheepadoodle has a different type of coat. Like some common types are;
- Curly coat – single layer non-shedding coat
- Thick skin – heavily shedding double coat
- Mix coat – a mixture of both types
Poodle Type Coat:
This type of coat needs more frequent grooming because your dog will have curly hair that can be easily matted. Poodle-type coats need only a few brushes per week, and it is best to use a comb, pin, or a slicker brush.
What makes it unique is that poodle-type coats shed little or not. Also, Curly coats are hypoallergenic.
Sheepdog Type coat:
This is a double coat with long hanging fur that can be easily matted and tangled. This type of coat needs daily brushing, and a delay in brushing can cause your dog a trip to a local groomer.
Because they have an undercoat, they shed more, but the straight hair will look cozy and relaxed.
This is a ubiquitous sheepadoodle hair coat. It shares the characteristics of both skins.
Dogs having this type of coat need to brush regularly, and they need more frequent dead hair checking that can fall but can also be stuck.
You have got the appropriate knowledge of sheepadoodle coats, now it will be easier for you to decide which hairstyle you should choose.
So let’s find out some everyday but beautiful hairstyles for your sheepadoodles.
Fact: All kinds of dogs need haircuts; in fact, they need haircuts every 1 to 3 months.
One of the most popular haircuts for a sheepadoodle is puppy cut with the ideal length of 1 to 3 inches.
Some characteristics of this haircut are;
- Perfect for all ages of sheepadoodle dogs
- Easy to maintain
- Best for dogs that are short on patience is intolerant or older.
2-Teddy Bear Haircut:
Most groomers consider no difference between a puppy haircut and the teddy bear haircut.
There is only a distinct difference……
- Slightly long hair around muzzle, ears, and eyebrows
- The exact length of 1 to 2 inches
- The Teddy bear cut will have shorter hair around the eyes, and the eyes will look cute, just like a bit of button
As the name suggests, this cut would be best for your dog in summer because it has a length of 1 or half inches.
Some qualities of this haircut are:
- Best for those who love to be dirty and spend most of their time outdoor
- The head and tail hair lengths could be different
- Not only in summer, most owners prefer this hairstyle all year, but it should be ignored in cold weather.
If your dog has any meeting or health issues, you should prefer this haircut.
Most dog owners hesitate to have this haircut, but if this is recommended by your VET, then don’t hesitate. We assure you your dog will also look cute in this haircut.
Some characteristics of having this haircut are;
- This is the most manageable haircut
- Your dog will look fabulous even in warm temperature
- Still need brushing but a very little
- Much easier grooming.
5-Shaggy Sheepadoodle Haircut:
The shaggy haircut is the opposite of a shaving cut. This haircut will have an ideal minimum length of 2.5 inches. Because of the long hair length, this cut needs regular grooming with extensive care.
Your dog will have lots of hair. They will look like, “what a mess?” but well-brushed hair will make them prettier.
The qualities of having this haircut are;
- It’s pretty easy to cut
- Most recommended hair cut when you are grooming your sheepadoodle at home
- You can easily hide your mistakes
5-Long Puppy Haircut:
No doubt, this is the most effortless hairstyle to cut.
And some exceptional qualities of this cut are;
- An extended puppy cut will look best on a sheepdog coat type
- It requires an only a little bit of trimming, and your dog is good to go
- The fluffiness of this haircut will make your companion cuter
Is grooming a sheepadoodle hard?
It’s not an easy task to groom your companion at home, but practice will make it easy.
If you are doing this for the first time, you will not get a professional haircut, but with the practice and passage of time, you will learn a lot.
Do sheepadoodles have an undercoat?
Yes! But it mostly depends on the type of coat that your sheepadoodle has.
Sheepdog-type coats are more likely to have an undercoat.
How often do sheepadoodles need to be groomed?
Usually, puppy and teddy bear cuts need to be groomed every 3 to 6 weeks.
If your dog has short hair, you can groom it at home for 3 months without visiting a professional groomer.
What is the cost of grooming a sheepadoodle?
This would be the most expensive because of their size and challenging coats.
It will cost you an estimated $80 to $100, but it depends on the size, age, hairstyle requested, brush, bath, etc.