So, you owned a Maltipoo, and now you want to give him an elegant haircut that will make him prettier than ever before. Right! So we have got the best types of Maltipoo haircuts.
No matter who will do this haircut, you or your groomer, we have the ideas for both of you.
Maltipoo is an intelligent, beautiful, and the cutest breed; what makes him cute? His cute tiny size.
Maltipoos have luxurious hair that needs a lot of maintenance with a wide range of short or long hair to choose a haircut easily.
So before choosing a haircut for this cute companion, it is good to have some knowledge of their coats.
So let’s dig in. Maltipoos have three types of coats.
- Thick and curly coats – These coats are a bit challenging, but the benefit is that they have only limited growth. A Maltipoo having this type of coat will look like a poodle.
- Soft and silky coat – These coats can grow long, and a puppy cut is the most suitable cut for him. If a dog has smooth and silky skin, he will look like a Maltese dog breed.
- Wavy and wiry coats – it is hard to control such types of skins. Also, they have some limited choices of haircuts, and this makes the least desirable coat. The best choice for such kind of coat is to have short hair.
Must read How long does dog grooming take.
Best Types of Maltipoo Haircuts
The hairstyle is something that decides the overall look of your leg friend. So it would be best if you always chose a hairstyle wisely considering his coats, nature, etc.
We have got the best types of Maltipoo haircuts, and after reading this, you will be able to choose a hairstyle for your companion.
So let’s dig in and find out the best haircut types with our suggestions.
Teddy bear Cut:
In our childhood, we all have a teddy bear we call our best friend. Right!
So same goes with this haircut. Your dog will look like a little teddy bear, as the name suggests.
- So if you are a teddy bear lover, this hairstyle is for you. Your cute little companion will look adorable in this.
This hairstyle has a whole new level because, just like kids, you can take your dog around and call him your best friend.
- Although the luxury hair of the Maltipoo requires proper maintenance, if you are a busy person and don’t have much time for upkeep, then this hairstyle suits you best.
Maltipoo’s summer haircut is the most economical hairstyle. It does not cost you much. Also, it requires little maintenance.
- First of all, this hairstyle is for curly coats, and with this, if your dog is always curious to find out what’s happening around!
So, in this case, this Maltipoo little fringes haircut would be the best choice for your furry friend.
- If you want to give a haircut to your dog by yourself, then you should go with this hairstyle.
You will just slightly trim ears, and your dog will be ready to go. Hair should be long enough for a maximum appeal, and make sure to cut the length of fur along the body.
- This haircut could be the best choice if your dog has a constant body temperature.
The fur length of this haircut would be 1 to 2 inches around the body, and your dog will look like a puffball. But make sure the coat’s size should not be too long to create a mess.
Miami or Bikini Cut:
- This hairstyle will keep the tangles out of the dog’s hair, and if this is something that you want, then go for this.
Miami cut showcases the hair on the head by nearly shaving the rest. It is also called a bikini cut, and after having this cut, your dog will look like a poodle.
After having this cut, your dog will look like he is wearing a bikini. That’s why it is also known as a bikini cut.
Town and Country Clip:
- Most desirable hair cut and for any season.
Your dog will have a trimmed head, face, leg, and body in this haircut. And the rest of the hair length will be your choice, or you can leave it to the groomer, but we recommend long hair around the body and short in summer.
To keep the beauty of this hairstyle, keep brushing frequently.
- You should give it a try, especially in summer.
It is the most recognized haircut, and you can ask the groomer to have a continental cut, and he can’t be confused.
Your furry friend will look like a tiny lion.
Bottom Line – Best Types of Maltipoo Haircuts
No doubt, Maltipoos are show stoppers, and whatever you decide, your dog will look cute in every hairstyle.
Which hairstyle should you opt for and which shouldn’t? It depends on you.
If you have enough time for maintenance, you should go with long hair and if you are busy enough, then go for a shorter hair length because it will be easy to maintain and will save your time. And for this puppy, a cut is ideal.
While choosing a hairstyle, keep in mind…..
The shorter the hair, the easier to tackle with tangles and easy to maintain.
Please let us know if you have tried any hairstyle before or which one you have opted for. We would love to hear from you.