Let’s say you are picking up your dog from a dog grooming salon and your dog is looking great and too much prettier than before. A question will stick in your mind “Do you tip dog groomers? This is the most frequent question that will come to your mind and the short answer to your question is YES! But the detail is different which is good to know so keep reading.
Your dog needs a bath, brush, and nail trimming BUT! grooming is the most essential part and you can’t ignore it. In short, not only grooming but the overall health of your dog matters a lot. Being a pet owner you should build a grooming and diet plan for your dog, no matter which breed it is.
if you want to know more about your dog breed then must read some amazing facts, history, and everything you need to know!
Now a lot of questions will come to your mind like what do dog groomers do? How much does it cost? And the most important should I tip dog groomers? So just read on and be relaxed all questions will be answered here.
What Do Dog Groomers Do?
If you are going to a dog groomer for the very first time this question is very casual what do dog groomers do?
So grooming a dog is not easy at all it’s a physical job that requires a lot of hard work and care. I’m saying not easy at all and believe me, I’m not mentioning the patience here that they had to keep while grooming.
So here are some points that Groomers do when grooming or you can say that the following are the services that they will provide.
- Dog groomers help your dog in looking great, and prettier than before
- They will do the health assessment. The groomer will analyze their skin, teeth, and fur’s properly
- Groomers will trim the nails of your dog, not proper manicure but they have got some special training to trim nail dogs.
- Also, groomers will do the bathing and styling of your dog. Styling will totally depend on your dog’s breed some need a quick comb and sometimes it will take time on combing.
- Sometimes they will provide some extra services but free of cost.
How Much Does Dog Grooming Cost?
After knowing all these details of what do dog groomers do? You might be wondering how much does dog grooming cost?
Well, there are a lot of dog groomers available and their charges are variable totally depending on your dog’s size and breed. For your ease, we had created a rough estimate of the cost.
Dog groomers will cost
- $55 to 70 if he has a small size
- For a medium-sized dog, it will cost up to $55 to 80
- They will charge $40 to 90 for a large dog
This is our rough market estimation and Definitely, The best and most experienced groomers will demand high prices. They will also demand high prices if you have an aggressive dog.
Should I Tip Dog Groomers?
Here is the answer to your most awaited question which you search for, do you tip dog groomers. Well, there is no pressure at all it’s totally up to you.
Dog groomers already get the 15 to 20% of grooming cost as their service fee and remember dog groomers can include some extra services like scrubbing, conditioning, and grinding without any extra fee.
So if someone will provide you with these services free of cost you might think should I tip the dog groomer? Yes, you can! But it also depends on some other factors like their staff behavior, and the treatment your dog has gotten.
Though these pup groomers help your dog to look greater than ever before and you can thank their services by giving a tip. Some dog groomers are self-employed and you should definitely tip them but also it depends on you.
When You Should Tip Your Dog Groomers More?
Your next concern would be when you should tip your dog more and when you should tip your dog less so don’t worry we will answer them.
- Let’s say you are picking up your dog from the salon and your dog is looking too much cute, that you can’t even take your eyes off, then in this case you should tip in fact give some extra tips to your dog groomers.
- If you have an aggressive dog or if you are visiting the salon during the holidays then you should tip your dog groomer
Make sure to give that tip to the groomer’s hand or you can pay them simply with the help of a credit card or cash. It is common to give a tip to the dog groomer because he is expecting it.
But if you are not in a position to pay then you should thank them with a card or you can simply appreciate them with words like “Good job” or “Great work”
When you Should Tip Dog Groomer Less?
The answer to this question is really simple….
If you are not satisfied with their services you don’t need to pay any kind of tip
But! In this case, we recommend you don’t fight with them, you should talk to the staff and tell them their faults that they should ignore for a better service.
In this way, you will also help them to do their best next time.
Which Questions Should I Ask From a Dog Groomer
To avoid any kind of bad experience with your dog groomers, it’s best to ask some questions before hiring them. So we are going to discuss some questions that you should ask a dog groomer.
- Ask about the services they will provide, Will they provide any additional service or not?
- Their education, are they certified Groomers?
- Ask about their experience
- How long does it take in grooming, whether you can stay here and watch them or not
- Do they have a first aid kit on hand when grooming
By asking all these questions you will get to know whether you should hire her or not, also by asking this kind of question you can also protect your dog and yourself from having any bad experience with a grooming salon.
Our Recommendation on “Do You Tip Dog Groomers”
So here is our bottom line on do you tip dog groomers?
Well, all these points are clear to you know and you can take your decision easily on the basis of your satisfaction, and efforts which they have put on grooming.
Coming down to the answer we can say a simple yes! You should tip them…..
It’s best to pay 15 to 20% of your dog grooming cost but if you don’t want to pay them you can also give them a gift because the ultimate purpose of giving a tip to dog groomer is “ to say Thanks” for their services.