Congratulations! For getting a new leg friend and definitely, now you are excited to name your dog. You are excited to buy some food, toys and other things for your friend.
Wait! Have you also bought food for her? if it’s your first time that you are getting a dog you should be aware of the dos and don’ts of dogs’ food?
I know that you are excited to give a name to your dog just like a mother. BUT It’s better to research before giving a name to your furry friend. Because old days has gown now and now you can give a unique, special name to your dog.
Most probably you are also thinking about why you should name your dog? How to name your dog? And also you are looking for some name ideas. Ahhh! Excited to know the answer to all queries…… so let’s dive in.
PRO TIPS; Don’t decide your dog’s name in 2 minutes or before giving a personality check. The name of your leg friend should match her personality. Because it’s a unique identity of your friend and you should choose a name that you enjoy saying all day. Most importantly you are not going to feel any kind of hesitation while calling her in public.
Why you should name it?
So first comes first Naming your dog is the most important thing. there are a lot of reasons why you should name your dog?
Your dog’s name says a lot about your and your dog’s personality. That’s why your dog’s name deserves some research and long thoughts. Also, you are not going to change your dog’s name again and again it stays for a long time with your furry friend.
Giving the right name to your dog can make your communication much easier with your pup. So the right choice of name can even create ease while you are giving training. it also improves communication and creates bonding between you and your leg friend.
You got the answer and now you are much more satisfied and ready to give a unique, beautiful name to your dog.
How to name your dog?
I knew it! this is the most awaited part How to name your dog. Because you are also excited to learn those tips and tricks that will ultimately help you in choosing a stylish dog name. So except beating-about-the-bush let’s dive into the topic. here are some tips for naming your dog.
Tips for naming your dog
- Choose a name for your dog that ends up with vowel words. Because vowel words help the dog to hear better. Dogs usually respond faster if their name ends with a vowel.
- The dog will definitely love her name if it ends with the words like K, D, and T. Avoid names that end with the words S, and F, because they are confusing sounds, and your dog, may not like it.
- You should avoid using too many syllables while choosing your dog’s name. Use only two syllables in the name.
- You are going to use your dog’s name for years so the name should be precise and you can also try a nickname as well.
- Never choose a name with confusing commands like giving a name “BO” could be collapsed with “NO” by your dog or a name like “KIT” with “SIT”. if you give her a name of any confusing command he may understand the meaning properly or he may confuse whether to respond or obey with that word.
- Your dog’s name should be unique. It should not be collapsing with other pets’ names. if you have more than one furry friend then must give a separate and unique name to everyone.
- Most importantly the name of your dog should match her personality. Before giving her a name you should observe what kind of personality he has. Whether he has a shy personality, smart personality, or anything else.
- Perform a test of name by calling her with that name and observe whether your dog likes it or not Also observe have you find it easy to pronounce and comfy for yourself
do you know according to the pet backers survey that many owners name their pets on different celebrities, or any movie character they love or admire? it was also shocking to know that 55% of owners name their pets on their favorite season like any season that they loved the most and 30% decided to give a human name. 4% of them have foodie names for their pets.
Should I change a dog’s name?
If you had adopted a dog and you are worried about whether you should change her name or not so the answer is simply Yes you can!
There is no harm in changing your dog’s name. It’s fine to change your new leg friend name. But it should be within limits don’t waffle the process.
Popular and unique dog names
Here is the list of some popular and unique dog names. They are unusual and most probably you won’t hear it on puppy kindergarten. If you still think that you are unable to choose any name for your dog then you. You can also choose from these names as well.
Dogs name with meaning
Some people prefer to name their pet after knowing the meaning of that name. If you are one of them then this part will be highly beneficial for you. So enjoy reading and choose a perfect name with a good meaning as well.
- Alvin____ (means friend – word of old English)
- Alpha______(dominant and important)
- April__________(fourth month of year in Georgian celender- for puppy born in april)
- Amore_____________(meaning love – an Itallian word)
- Amira__________________(meaning princess – arrabic word)
- Amiga_______________________(meaning girlfriend – spanish word)
- Amigo_____________________________(meaning boyfriend – spanish word)
- Anthony________________________________(with a nick name tony)
- Arend________________________________________(meaning eagle – french word)
Female dog names
If you have a female dog and you are choosing a name for her. So it’s quite simple and even the easiest to select a name for a female dog. Here are some tips while you are giving a name to your female pup.
While choosing your female dog name you can
- Get inspiration from your favorite flowers like blossom, Rose, Violet. You can name your dog with your favorite follower as well. Because they are girly and cute.
- Get inspiration from your hobbies. Like if you are fond of traveling and love a specific place too much you can name her.
- Get inspiration from the personality of your dog. You can name her with candie, cockie, or muffin based on his interest. Or the thing that he loves to eat.
- On the healthier side, you can also get inspiration from healthy foods like mango, kiwi, peaches, etc.
If you still feel that you need some help then you can choose from these names
Male unique dog names
Naming your male dog could be complicated as compared to female dogs. You should choose a puppy name that you and your pet love the most. You can name your dog inspired by any political hero, actress, singer names. Well here are some name ideas of male dogs.
DO YOU KNOW! According to Statista research, the most popular dog name in Sweden was Molly, about 3.8 thousand dogs had this name. Bella ranked the second most popular name with 6.7 thousand animals having this name. Charlie ranked to third most popular name with reaching a number of 5.8
Use a dog name generator
If you still believe that you don’t have any good idea or name suggestion for your beloved leg friend then you can try a dog name generator. There are a lot of dog name generators are available for free where you can get a pretty good name or idea for your dog.
You can choose any dog name generator to find the best name for your dog. Fill in the specification- as they may ask for the gender of your dog, breed of dog, they can also ask some basic questions like what are the favorite foods of your dog or what’s the color of your dog. You can simply fill them and found a great name suggestion for your pet.
It’s a great way to pick your dog’s name.
So have you chosen your dog’s name?
You should choose a name for your friend that is easy to call, then stick to it don’t change it again and again as it can create complexity for the dog to understand the name he actually had.
Name generator can also be used or use your own choice to pick a name but keep in mind that it should not be embarrassing for you and your leg fried too. Ensure that you are not going to face any kind of hesitation while you are calling him in public.
Don’t pick the name too early. Take a personality check of your dog and test by calling him whether he liked it or not and is it easy to call your furry friend.
Choosing the name of your dog is a memorable moment and an interesting process. It’s not about stressing or worrying. Whichever name you choose but it will be memorable for you.
TRAINING TIP; Just simply sit next to her and when he starts looking at you, you can call her by the name you decided. Repeat this process eventually. You can also give her a treat during the process. It can also be a great source of friendship between you and your new friend and the sense of bonding will develop.
Leave a Reply