There would be multiple reasons for not giving any grooming session to your dog, and now the overall look of your dog looks good other than the face. There is long fur around the face. Right! Now you might be wondering what to do now? Do you want to trim your Goldendoodle’s face, and you don’t know How to trim a Goldendoodle’s face?
Trimming a Goldendoodle face seems daunting, but relatively it’s straightforward. Don’t worry. There is no rocket science. It’s easy, and you can do this easily while sitting at your home.
Through this guide, you will learn how to trim and maintain a Goldendoodle face with the help of some tools. You will also get to know some interesting tips that are good to know before starting work.
So let’s find out together.
What are the Best Tools For Trimming a Goldendoodle’s Face?
Undoubtedly, investing in the right tools will make your trimming and grooming process much easier. Purchasing tools is a one-time cost, and they last longer with you. That’s why you should only go for quality tools.
So, before starting out the Goldendoodle face trimming guide, it is good to know which tools you require and why.
Let’s discuss some must-have tools;
- Slicker Brush – A must-have tool for trimming your dog’s face. It will be used to remove loose hair from the coat.
- Steel Comb – Well, this is an essential tool for every Goldendoodle owner to detangle the fur. When purchasing a steel comb, make sure that it should not be sharp as it can create scratches in your pup’s fur while combing.
- Grooming Scissors – Tools are always incomplete without scissors. Definitely, you don’t want to hurt your furry friend. That’s why you should make sure to use only quality scissors to ensure you will not injure your pup.
- Thinning shears – Although some people consider that thinning shears are not much important but good to have. In fact, in my opinion, you should definitely get thinning sheats as it will help you to blend your pup’s hair after trimming. And after blending the fur, your dog will look smooth and manageable.
These are some must-have tools, so let’s dig into how to trim your Goldendoodle face?
How to Trim a Goldendoodle’s Face?
Hold on tight! We are going to discuss how you can trim your Goldendoodle’s face at home?
Definitely, you are not going to get your desired look. With the first attempt, you will have to try again and again, and one day, you will get a perfect look.
(STEP 1) Start with Brushing;
Before trimming your dog’s face, the first step is to brush.
Take a small section and start combing until you reach up to the neck area, and make sure to carefully remove mats.
When removing the mat, your dog will don’t like it, so keep her calm by appreciating him.
(STEP 2) Clean his Face;
It is better to wash his face first, but if he has already gotten the bath, just clean your furry friend’s face with warm water and a cloth.
Ensure to clean the area around the eyes because there may have stains or tears. You can use stain remover wipes or powders, or any other product for a perfect face cleaning.
Caution – you must read the product description before using it.
(STEP 3) Time to Uncover Eyes;
Your Goldendoodle has beautiful two small eyes covered with hair, so it’s time to cover those eyes and grant them a gift of sight.
For this, simply blend the hair around the eyes, and for this, you can use a scissor or a trimmer.
You are good to go for the next step when you clearly see their eyes.
(STEP 3) Create Bangs if You Want;
Many Goldendoodle owners prefer bangs. It’s totally up to you whether you prefer it or not.
If yes, use the scissor and trim your dog hair before the eyes.
(STEP 4) It’s Time to Trim Cheeks;
Your dog might be nervous when you trim the fur around your cheeks, so do it slowly and keep her calm.
You should always use one hand for clipping and the other hand to calm down like you can hold your dog’s face to keep him calm. It will give him a sense of protection.
(STEP 5) Trim the Beard;
First of all, gently brush your furry friend’s bore using a steel comb and then chop off the excess beard.
Once you have removed it, use a thinning shear to blend lines.
(STEP 6) Say No to Long Ears;
Now it’s time to get the desired ear hair length; just simply start cutting your dog’s ear, but before you cut out, we recommend giving a longer ear cut to your puppy.
Once you are done with the one, make sure that the other ear’s hair length is the same.
And for this, you can simply pull your dog’s ears towards your dog’s nose to make sure both have the same length.
(STEP 7) Time to Trim the Top of the head;
There is no hard and fast rule for trimming the top of the head. Just comb the hair with a steel comb and then start trimming with the blunt-end-scissor.
Once you are satisfied with the length, use a slicker brush to blend the fur.
(STEP 8) A fresh face is ready;
Yep, you did it. Go back to see your work and appreciate yourself.
In fact, give a pat to yourself. If you did not get the desired look, don’t worry next time, you will get it.
Some Tips | Good to Know Before Trimming;
Wait Wait! There is a lot more to come. Just keep reading…
So before you start trimming your Goldendoodle’s face, it’s good to know some tips that will ultimately help you and save you from any disaster.
- If you continuously use clippers and they get too hot, stop using them immediately.
- To cool down or give a sense of protection to your furry friend, Use one hand to hold your pup’s face and clip the fur with the other hand.
- Avoid cutting your dog’s face hair too short because a mature Goldendoodle must have a beard that will look cute.
What if my Goldendoodle doesn’t hold still?
The hardest part while trimming your dog’s face is to hold still because your friend may get bored during trimming. To avoid this kind of circumstances, you should try out these two things.
- Give your dog something to chew like bully sticks is the most popular option, and your dog will definitely love it.
- Use familiar words with your pup to appreciate him, like you can say Good boy, Good dog, etc.
Try out these two techniques it will definitely make your trimming process easy. A professional grooming session can take up to an average of 3 to 4 hours so in this case, early grooming at home will definitely help both – the groomer and the dog.
How to Cut a Matted Fur of a Goldendoodle’s Face?
So, during brushing, if you have encountered any thick mat and feel that you can’t brush out this mat. If you do, it will hurt your furry friend.
In this case, you should cut through that mat with a scissor but in the direction of their hair growth, not the opposite.
Then try combing it again.
How to Maintain a Goldendoodle’s face?
After trimming, your dog is looking so cute, but most of us will have this concern about how you can maintain a Goldendoodle face to avoid early grooming sessions or just to protect his health. Ughhh! That’s true…
So to avoid this daunting task, again and again, we recommend trying out these two steps;
- Firstly you should wipe your dog’s face when needed. Like usually, you will need this task every 3rd or 4th day.
- Check his ears on and off and remove leaves, bugs, or twigs. If you have faced any trouble so, consult your VET right away.
Though your dog will definitely need regular trimming or grooming, trying out these two steps will be helpful.
How Much Does it Cost to Groom a Goldendoodle?
Of course, the cost totally depends on the size of your companion. It will cost you around $40 to $120, but if his weight is approximately 80 lbs, the cost could be higher, like something between $80 to $140.
Remember, some groomers don’t include nail trimming, ear cleaning, and many other services. And they will charge you after grooming, which will double the cost.
So make sure to discuss every point, and if your friend has got your exact desired look, don’t forget to tip your dog groomer.
How to Groom Your Goldendoodle at Home?
You might be wondering if you don’t have enough budget to pay for a professional groomer. Don’t worry. You can groom your Goldendoodle at home.
Yes! You can, and for this, we have got a complete guide on how you can groom your Goldendoodle at home with the help of 5 easy steps.
So read out our detailed guidelines here. You will also get to know some amazing tips.
Crux – How to Trim a Goldendoodle’s Face?
If you want to learn how to trim a Goldendoodle’s face, either you have any budget issues. No worries, it’s easy as we have guided you earlier in detail.
But if you still feel any ambiguity, let’s sum up our whole discussion in some simple words.
- Gather all pieces of equipment for safe grooming.
- Must have a table and a suspicious area to trim.
- Introduce grooming to the dog to avoid fear in dogs.
- Start combing your dog’s facial fur to rid tangles.
- Start trimming around their eyes, just get rid of any hair interfering with his sight.
- Take a scissor and trim overgrown hair until you get a uniform cut.
- Brush the beard area and start trimming way up the forehead until you reach the brows.
And that’s it. Your dog is good to go! Wishing you better luck.
Leave a Reply