Choosing a hairstyle for your furry friend is the most interesting procedure and when it comes to a poodle teddy bear cut there is no argument on this. Because poodle teddy bear cut is the most popular choice of all time.
A beautiful hairstyle is compulsory for your dog. Want to know why? Ok! let me explain
- If you see a dog with messy and un-trimmed hair/coat what you will assume? Probably you will also think that this cute little pup has not been provided with proper care.
- A dog with well-trimmed, smooth, and properly conditioned hair/coat indicates that he has been provided with the proper attention, care, and love that he needed.
- Hair cut also indicates the overall look of your furry friend and will make your dog prettier than ever before.
Definitely, you are interested in having a poodle teddy bear cut for your companion that’s why you landed here. So just read on to find out the amazing facts, information, and our complete guide on poodle teddy bear cut.
Becuase the answer to all your questions is here…….from what is poodle teddy bear cut? How to do a teddy bear cut? and how much does it cost? To, all you need to know.
What Is a Poodle Teddy Bear Cut?
As the name suggests “Teddy Bear Cut” means after having this cut your dog will look like a teddy bear which will make its overall look cuter.
The hair length of this hairstyle is 1 to 2 inches long at all parts of the body. Also, it will have the same (1 to 2 inches) hair length around the face.
This haircut will help your dog to look soft becuase after having a traditional haircut your dog will look more regal and serious that’s why a poodle haircut will be the best choice for your dog rather than the traditional.
How Much Does Teddy Bear Cut Costs?
Well, if you are doing your dog haircut by yourself it will be very economical becuase for this all you need is just cutting tools.
If you are getting this haircut from a professional groomer it will cost you around 30 to 50 dollars for a medium-size dog. Let’s say you have a tangled, dirty dog that needs a lot of hair grooming before getting a haircut then it will cost you around $90.
Also, the cost of a poodle teddy bear cut is variable depending on the size, location area, etc.
How to Do a Teddy Bear Cut?
Yes! You can do the grooming of your dog at home but when it comes to a haircut we recommend you to get it from a professional groomer for a neat and beautiful look.
If you really want to try this haircut at home, then here is our short guideline – how to do a teddy bear cut
- Starting with brushing – you need to brush the hair/coat of your poodle carefully
- Start Clipping – Clip your dog’s coat and we recommend to start clipping with the neck, back, and then legs after that move towards the chest and belly.
- The difficult part is the ears and you should give some extra time here
- Give the head a round shape and we recommend using a scissor for a perfect and neaten haircut.
- In the end, use a brush to maintain your dog hair and you can also apply perfume or deodorant to set the hair/coat.
Tip; Be careful while doing hair cut and don’t make any dent in the dog coat. Giving a perfect haircut is not easy at all but practice makes a man perfect. With the very first attempt you are not going to get results like a professional but keep practicing for better results.
How Often do You Need to Give a Teddy Bear Cut?
If you are wishing that your dog always looks groomed then we recommend giving a haircut after every 4 weeks otherwise the duration of 6 to 8 weeks would be ok.
If your dog spends a lot of time outside the home then you should brush his hair every day, otherwise, 2 to 3 times per week would be enough.
Other Popular Haircuts for Poodles
There are different types of hairstyles and each style contain different qualities and unique features. One hairstyle that may suit one dog probably is not going to look good on the other.
You should choose a hairstyle carefully among all because there are a lot of haircut types e.g lion, summer, puppy, modern, short, Dutch, etc. So choose wisely…
You can also choose a hairstyle according to the weather, location, etc. like
- Summer cut is the best choice for the summer season, especially if they visit the beach on and off. The shorter length of their coat will keep them cool.
- The lion cut is the best-known cut but it requires time, and effort also this hairstyle is costly. In this cut, the dog will have hair on the chest and head but it leaves the stomach.
- The puppy and teddy bear cuts both are the same it is just an age that makes their hairstyle name different.
The Bottom Line
The Teddy bear cut is not specifically for poodle breed dogs, other breeds can also have this hairstyle. Like Shih Tzu and Bichon fries, Maltipoo can also get this hairstyle.
No doubt your dog will look adorable in this hairstyle also it needs low maintenance as compared to other styles. So it’s gonna be the best choice for your cute leg friend.
Fun Fact: Most of the time groomers prefer a teddy bear haircut unless or until asked by their pet parent for a traditional cut.
will you get this haircut for your dog? do let us know in the comment section. And if you had done this before, share a picture in the comment section.