You know what? In recent years, doodle dog have become the most popular choice for furry friends. And trust me, whenever you meet any doodle owner, he will tell you that these are the most loveable, super cute. Low maintenance dogs and these qualities are increasing their popularity.
Assuming you have searched for it, you are also considering it, Right!
Whether you want to purchase it or whether you want to get some information about this cute companion, all you need to do is just stick till the end.
So, let’s start
What Is a Doodle Dog?
Most of the time, the first-ever concern of any novice pet parent is what is a doodle dog? Is it a breed or not?
To quickly answer, we can say a doodle dog is a cross between a poodle and any other dog breed. It means any breed mixed with the poodle becomes a doodle. Sounds interesting!
So, let’s dive into it and learn what the common doodle dogs are? And whether you should adopt a doodle or not.
Do Doodles become a Breed?
Before getting into our main concern of popular doodle dogs, I want to ask whether you consider it a breed.
No, no! It’s not a breed because AKC did not accept it yet, meaning there is no set breed for doodles, and it’s just a mix of two breeds.
Now, this makes sense, and you will not consider it a breed anymore.
So, despite beating about the bush, let’s jump into your primary concern of what are the popular doodle dogs.
Popular Doodle Dog Mixes:
Every doodle takes a name that usually combines the qualities of both breeds. These dogs come in different sizes, from medium to standard and mini.
You know what, there are many other doodle dog mixes, like around 40. Still, we have a list of 8 doodles that have gained popularity because of their intelligence, fluffiness, and cuteness.
Well, this has increased your excitement level in you. So, let’s look at some of the most popular doodle dogs.
Goldendoodles are on our priority list because these are among the top 5 intelligent dog breeds.
- It is a cross between a poodle and a golden retriever.
- They are highly trainable, and their friendly nature makes them family friends.
This popular doodle dog mix has all the qualities that make them a therapy dog: incredibly socialistic, playfully energetic, and loyal.
Of course, you already knew it because this doodle mix had topped the most popular dog breed of 2020. They are mostly known as organized and beloved family pets.
- It is a cross between a Labrador and a poodle.
- They are intelligent, loving, caring, and act as therapy for physically disabled persons.
This cute doodle is best for those owners who suffer energy as they shed little.
Fact: Labradoodles come in a wide range of 3 colors because of their genetics. Labrador comes in 9 exciting colors.
Related; must to read
- Labradoodle grooming guide
- An ultimate guide to the best types of Labradoodle haircut
- Do Labradoodle shed?
- Guide to a shaved Labradoodle
Suppose we are considering the popular and cute doodle dogs. How can we forget about these cream colors and curly-coat Maltipoos?
- It is a blend of Maltese and poodle dogs.
- Maltipoos are equally gentle with children and are highly recommended for families.
The only drawback of having a Maltipoo is that they shed a lot and require lots of physical activity, especially if you want to stop them from destroying their houses.
If you want a doodle to join your family, go for a Bernedoodle because it is well suited for families and acts excellent with children.
- As the name suggests, it crosses a Bernese and a mountain dog.
- This is an affectionate doodle who loves socialization.
your one-step-shop for your favorite bernedoodle is here.
Sheepadoodle would be the best option for large dog lovers because it weighs up to 85 pounds.
- The Black and white color beauty of this doodle will give a panda-like appearance.
- Sheepadoodle enjoy the companionship of both humans and dogs.
This intelligent and high in stamina doodle dog needs plenty of exercises to keep her healthy.
Aussiedoodles are considered the most intelligent dog and get this quality from their parents. Even some people/groomers or VET considered them Einstein’s dogs because both his parents are knowledgeable.
They are brilliant, playful, and loyal doodles often used as therapy. Everthing you need to know about Aussiedoodle is here; must give it a read.
This cute doodle dog can melt your heart at first sight as a gentle, loving, and playful doodle.
- It’s a blend of cocker spaniel and a poodle.
- Cockapoos are suitable for people of all ages and lifestyles.
Cockapoos are known for their sensitive nature and don’t respond well to harsh and loud voices. Having a cockapoo in your family will give you fantastic adoration and pleasantness.
Before considering this breed as your choice, give it a read to the our latest cockapoo grooming guide.
Cavapoos are similar to cockapoos. That’s why they are usually considered cousins.
Cavapoos are getting famous daily, but their coats need more maintenance. Even you need to give a professional grooming session after every 6 weeks.
Why Are Doodles So Popular?
Well, while we are talking about the increase in popularity of doodles. This must create curiosity in your mind that what are the reasons that they are getting too popular.
Right! So let’s find out together what are the reasons why doodle dogs are gaining popularity.
- Doodles are low shedding and often hypoallergenic.
- They are famous for their adorable looks and personality.
- They are considered to be smiling and easy to train dogs.
Tip: If you have severe allergies, you must consider it before deciding whether you spend time around your doodle or not.
Doodle Dog mix – Which One to Choose
Well, if we have talked about the best 8 doodle dogs, you might be confused about which one to choose.
So let me give a simple answer to your question.
- If you are looking for a miniature poodle mix, then f1b mini Goldendoodle is for you. They are cute and tiny bread weighing under 30lb and will be perfect for people living in small apartments.
- Do you love large dogs? If yes, Sheepadoodel, Aussie doodle, and Bernedoodles are your best choices.
Though all are good, some of them are always on the priority list by any pet parent.
Why Should You Get a Doodle Dog?
Yes! We had talked about the most popular doodles and people’s choices among them, but being a new pet parent, you might wonder why you should get a doodle dog?
Sounds fair enough, so let’s discuss the reasons for choosing a doodle.
- If you don’t like the dog hair all-around your home, Get the doodle right now because they are often low shedding or not at all.
- Doodles have built their reputation as matured, intelligent, friendly family dogs, which is why doodles are gaining popularity. Most probably, you are going to find them everywhere.
- If you have a family with children, don’t worry. You can also get that because doodles love to play with children, which might be the doodle’s energy. They can play and enjoy each other’s company, but it does not mean that you should leave them unattended.
Want a Doodle dog: Go For It!
To up-wrap the whole discussion, of course, you can, but before getting in, keep in mind.
- Doodles take the genes of two different breeds, and they can result in unwanted health issues and undesirable traits.
- They are not entirely hypoallergenic, but they might shed less or produce less allergen.
- Before getting a doodle, it is best to get complete information regarding their color, size, breed, etc.
Before choosing any cross and blend of breeds, check their compatibility with your desire.
In the end, I must say Get it freely, and you will definitely appreciate yourself for having a cute companion.